Webinars and Blogs
Make your supply chain smarter to Deal with Challenges & Risks
How COVID-19 will change the design planning & operation of global supply chains
Panel Discussion : Agile Procurement Practices in Dynamic Business Scenarios
MeRLIN’s out-of-the box features for direct material sourcing digitize complex processes and help you focus on strategy enhancing value creation at every stage of your procurement lifecycle.
Gain end-to-end insights from real-time analytics on Suppliers, PPV and BOM to build robust and sustainable procurement strategies
Improve collaboration with suppliers and other stakeholders in the supply chain, minimise rework and improve turnaround times
Integrate with your Product Lifecycle Management, ERP and other enterprise systems to achieve end-to-end automation
MeRLIN’s powerful Direct Material Sourcing Solution allows you to Integrate sourcing with engineering right from the product design stage. Collaborate effectively with cross functional product teams and suppliers to accelerate product innovation and speed to market.
Integrate procurement with Project Life Cycle Management (PLM) to keep all stakeholders - internal teams and suppliers aligned to reduce the risk of recalls and non-compliance and thus accelerate time to market.
Set up new commodity/category templates to significantly improve the breadth and depth of information collected from Suppliers and enable powerful analytics.
Collaborate with internal teams and suppliers on Engineering Changes Management and modifications in order attributes so that everyone stays on the same page. Expedite turnarounds and mitigate the impact of changes.
Retrieve actionable insights from real-time sourcing data analytics – PPV, Cost, Spend, Supplier Information, BOMs and more, identify optimization opportunities across the value chain and make data driven decisions
Search items / parts easily, find similar parts and save time while responding to RFIs or doing Should Cost calculation. Should is redundant.
Get a comprehensive view of all items in your product’s Bill of Materials - Part Cost Breakdown, Suppliers, Volumes and more. Compare BOM versions from various stage-gates and find saving opportunities.
Consolidate demand across multiple sourcing programs across the enterprise to achieve greater volumes and increase negotiation power.
Direct Spend or Direct Material Procurement or Direct Material Sourcing is the process of purchasing materials that are directly used in the production of goods that the company is manufacturing. It includes all the items that are part of finished products produced by the company such as raw materials, components or parts, etc.
Procurement activities in an organization can typically be split into two – direct spend and indirect spend.
Direct Procurement deals with the purchase of materials and services needed for the manufacturing process of the company. For example, an Automotive company could source steel or electronics, or even powertrain components. It has a direct impact on a company’s profit, customer satisfaction, and overall performance.
Whereas, Indirect Procurement involves the purchase of goods and services needed for the day-to-day operations of the company. It ensures that the internal needs of the company and its employees are met. Typical examples are stationery, computers, services such as housekeeping or security etc.
A direct material sourcing solution enables businesses to streamline the complex and multi-layered processes involved in Direct Materials Sourcing ranging from sourcing and analyzing multi-level Bill of Materials (BOM), eSourcing, cost optimization, and demand tracking to budget management and managing the supply base.
Benefits of a direct procurement solution:
• Product quality and compliance monitoring
• Improve speed to market
• Improve spend management through effective category management.
MeRLIN helps organizations overcome the challenges associated with direct materials purchases. It helps procurement professionals identify sourcing needs from multiple sources like PLM, MRP, Requisitions from ERP, etc. It then consolidates demand across requisitions to maximize purchasing power. The collaborative platform helps break down the walls between engineering and sourcing departments and enhances collaboration with suppliers to convert them to strategic partners.
• Get access to accurate real-time data
• Improve collaboration with suppliers and other stakeholders
• Enhance engineering collaboration, manage complexity of bill of material versions with PLM integrations
• Gain Project/Program level visibility and savings analysis
• Get enabled to capture future price reductions and evaluate adherence to the same.
• Achieve seamless business process execution with end-to-end integration
MeRLIN can help you mitigate supplier risks mainly by ensuring the procurement organization is able to analyze, automate and streamline various aspects of Supplier Relationship Management.
• Supplier Diversification – Do detailed supplier spend analysis at individual as well as group level and ensure that no single supplier/supplier group has a dominance in your supply chain. You can also analyze your suppliers by region, country, etc to diversify your supply base or identify alternate sources in case of disruptions.
• Supplier Onboarding – Significantly speed up supplier registration and onboarding by enabling self-registration and document upload and verification. MeRLIN allows you to configure business rules to check supplier mandatory documentation or compliance documentation requirements by region.
• Supplier Management and Collaboration – The supplier management solutions in MeRLIN enable you to monitor supplier performance and collaborate effectively with them to build better partnerships.
• Supplier Audits and Assessments – Complete audits faster and expedite compliance-related activities. The automated compliance verifications avoid manual errors. Additionally, easily check how much sourcing is being done with non-preferred suppliers or low-rated suppliers.
Yes, MeRLIN can be integrated with any ERP or your homegrown systems, PLM, CAD systems, etc.
Uncover meaningful insights from your sourcing data and trends that translates to new opportunities for savings and growth.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.